Sunday, March 8, 2020

Career Exploration


Students in Grade 4, ventured into career exploration.  We often ask children what they want to be when they grow up.  However, how often does this conversation go into the skills, traits and experiences that students must have to move them closer to that goal?  Students were allowed to select a career that they wanted to explore and in exploring that career, students needed to address the questions below in the product they chose to create to share their findings.

  • Why is this career a good fit for me?
  • What skills education, or training do I need for this career?
  • Do I have the right skills, strengths, or experiences currently to achieve this career?
  • How much should I expect to make in this career field?  Will the amount of money I make be able to support my needs and wants?
  • What resources can I tap into to help me reach my career goals?
  • What is something new that I learned about this career while doing the reasearch?



Gifted benchmarks addressed with this career exploration learning event:
·         Gifted students will evaluate alternatives.
·         Gifted students will think and evaluate analytically.
-      Gifted students will pose researchable questions.